Frequently Asked Questions
What is Campus Town?
Campus Town is a state of the art apartment community, specifically developed for students attending The College of New Jersey.
Why should I Live at Campus Town?
There are several reasons but a few stand out:
- Brand NEW, academically focused student community
- Fantastic location – located on the campus of the college for a convenient walk to class!
- Excellent maintenance response — 24 hour emergency and one day response for non-emergencies
What is included in my apartment?
- Fully furnished: living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture, including desk, desk chair, dresser, & full-size bed
- Appliances: in apartment washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, microwave, & dishwasher
- Utilities: extended cable TV, Internet (Ethernet & Wireless), water, heat, electricity, and central air-conditioning
- Campus Town Move In Checklist
What is included in my community?
- 24 Hour Emergency Maintenance
- TCNJ Campus Police Response
- Parking (fee)
- Fitness Center
- Easy access to retail and eateries
What policies are in place to foster safety at Campus Town?
Campus Town also has a number of rules in place to foster a safe and enjoyable living environment for all of our residents. You can check out our Rules and Regulations under the ‘Residents’ tab.
Can I have a pet if I live at Campus Town?
What are Campus Town community standards / rules?
Where can I park if I live at Campus Town?
Do I need an on-campus meal plan?
What are the eligibility requirements to live in Campus Town?
How do I apply to live in Campus Town?
Who has priority to live at Campus Town?
Currently Campus Town is accepting applications from all TCNJ students
- Applicants will receive leasing materials as space is available.
Students who will qualify as:
- Seniors/Juniors/Graduate Students will receive initial offers as spaces are available
- Sophomores (incoming fall 2016) will begin receiving leasing packets following upperclassmen deadlines if space is available.
These students must provide proof of admission before their application will be considered complete and a lease is issued.
What paperwork do I need to complete to live in Campus Town?
Once your application is approved and space is available, Campus Town will send you leasing materials based on availability. The lease paperwork must be returned by the deadline given to guarantee your housing. Campus Town management may notify you that your housing offer is cancelled and re-offer space to another applicant if lease materials are not submitted by the deadline.
Are there any fees to apply at Campus Town?
Can I live with my friends?
How much does it cost to live at Campus Town and when is rent due?
The Campus Town rates are ALL INCLUSIVE! This includes furniture, appliances, cable/internet, utilities and community amenities. The rates at Campus Town are based on the type of apartment you choose to live in and how long you wish to live in the apartment (Academic year or annually)
The prices for the 2017-18 academic year are listed below:
4 Bedroom Apartment- $5884/semester ($11,768/ academic year)
2 Bedroom Apartment- $6468/semester ($12,936/ academic year)
1 Bedroom Apartment- $7088/semester ($14,176/ academic year)
The prices for the 2018-19 academic year are listed below:
4 Bedroom Apartment- $6120/semester ($12,240/ academic year)
2 Bedroom Apartment- $6728/semester ($13,456/ academic year)
1 Bedroom Apartment- $7372/semester ($14,744/ academic year)
What is a Guarantor of Lease?
All residents are expected to have a guarantor of lease. The guarantor is someone other than the resident that is over 21 years of age that “co-signs” the lease. The guarantor would be expected to adhere to the financial responsibilities of the lease if the resident failed to do so.
Can I use my financial aid to pay my rent at Campus Town?
Rent can not be deferred for Summer Housing.